Strategic Options consultation
Over the next 20 years there is a need to deliver continued sustainable economic growth, creating more jobs and new homes for the people of Greater Manchester.
The ten local authorities in Greater Manchester are working together on a joint plan called the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework (GMSF) this is being prepared to ensure that new homes and jobs are provided in the right places with the transport (roads, rail, Metrolink) and infrastructure to support the communities and manage growth sustainably.
The draft Greater Manchester Spatial Framework sets out:
- How much housing and employment land is needed up to 2035
- A number of strategic sites across Greater Manchester to assist in meeting these requirements
- The importance of infrastructure such as, health, education, transport, green spaces and utilities to support neighbourhoods and employment
- Ways to protect and improve the natural environment.
Public consultation on the draft version of the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework runs from 31 October to 23 December 2016. During this time, we would welcome any comments you may have on this document and supporting background papers. Views submitted will be considered and a final draft will be published in 2017 when another period of consultation will be held.
For further information on the consultation, to view and download the following documents please visit www.greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk/GMSF:
Paper copies of the draft Greater Manchester Spatial Framework may be viewed at:
Local libraries in Oldham and at the Oldham Civic Centre Planning Reception, West Street, Oldham, OL1 IUG (for Sat Navs use OL1 1NL).
A paper copy of the Integrated Assessment may be viewed at:
Civic Centre Planning Reception, West Street, Oldham, OL1 IUG (for Sat Navs use OL1 1NL).
Comments may only be made:
PO Box 532
All comments must be received by 5pm on 23 December 2016.
Please note all comments will be held by the Greater Manchester Combined Authority and will be available to view publicly. Comments cannot be treated as confidential. Your personal information, such as your postal and email address will not be published, but your name and organisation (if relevant) will.
The Greater Manchester Combined Authority maintains a database of consultees who wish to be kept informed about the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework. In responding to this consultation your contact details will automatically be added to the consultation database. If you do not want to be contacted about future Greater Manchester Spatial Framework consultations please state this in your response.
A series of events are being hosted across Greater Manchester which the public are invited to attend and discuss the draft Greater Manchester Spatial Framework.
Drop-in sessions currently arranged are:-
- 8 November – Performance Space, Oldham Library, Union Street, Oldham – 12noon till 8pm
- 14 November – Shaw Lifelong Learning Centre, Shaw – 5pm till 6.30pm
- 21 November – Uppermill Civic Hall, Uppermill – 4.30pm till 6.30pm
- 24 November – Failsworth Town Hall, Failsworth – 5.00pm till 6.30pm
- 28 November – Royton Library, Royton – 3pm till 7pm
- 5 December – Chadderton Wellbeing Centre, Chadderton – 4.00pm till 6.00pm
Please note: The drop-in sessions will provide an opportunity for members of the public to find out more about the GMSF and meet with Council officers on a one to one level or in small groups.
Additional events may be arranged and details will be published on the Council’s website.