COPY LETTER BELOW:
We want to let you know that Shaw branch will be closing on Friday 14 September 2018. We are sorry as we know you have found this branch convenient to use.
The decision to close a branch is never an easy one; however, we are finding that fewer customers are using the branch to do their everyday banking. Taking into consideration the alternative ways to bank that are available in the area, we have made the decision to close the branch.
In line with the Access to Banking Standards, we are committed to supporting customers and the community as much as we can during and after the closure. Over the coming weeks we will be speaking with our customers and contacting members of the local community, to understand the concerns they may have when the branch closes.
Keeping you informed about the closure
- A booklet giving more information on why we have decided to close the branch and how the decision was made is available in Shaw branch and online at barclays/ukbranchclosures. This also provides more information on the alternative ways to bank, once the branch has closed
- Two weeks before Shaw branch closes, a second booklet will be available giving details of the feedback we have received from customers and the local community around their concerns and the additional actions we have taken to help customers. This will also be available in the closing branch and online at barclays/ukbranchclosures
How to continue with your everyday banking after the branch has closed
When the branch closes; your account number, standing orders and Direct Debits will not change. You will be able to complete all your banking transactions in exactly the same way as you do now, using your cards, PIN, chequebooks, Online Banking and Barclays Mobile Banking as normal.
There are many other ways you will be able to continue to bank with us following the branch closure:
- You can use any of our branches; the nearest alternative Barclays branch will be Oldham
- Barclays Mobile Banking* app and Barclays Online Banking are available 24 hours a day, so you can check your balance, view statements, transfer money, pay bills securely, and manage any Standing Orders and Direct Debits
- You can speak directly to a member of staff by calling Telephone Banking on the number at the top of this letter, and get access to a range of everyday banking services
- You can also withdraw cash and check your balance at any Barclays or LINK Cash Machine and Post Office. In addition, you can also pay cash and cheques into your Barclays accounts at any Post Office+.
There is more information on ways to bank, and the options open to you, at the end of this letter.
We have lots of help available for you
Staff in Shaw branch and all our nearby branches are available to support you and help find alternative ways to carry out your everyday banking after the branch has closed.
If you are not already using mobile or online banking and would like some help to get started, our Barclays Digital Eagles run free and friendly ‘Tea & Teach’ sessions in branches across the UK. They are members of Barclays staff who are here to assist you using the internet – even if you have never been online before. They will take you through how to do anything from managing your finances to using social media – it doesn’t just have to be about banking. Come into any branch to find out more, or find a session near you and details of how to book at barclays.co.uk/digitaleagles or by calling the number at the top of this letter.
If there is anything we can help you with or if you have any questions, please come in and see us, or give us a call on the number at the top of this letter. After the branch has closed, staff at any of our nearby branches will be happy to help.
Steve Mitchell, Community Banking Director, Manchester and Cheshire Area