From Saturday 27th June, all household waste recycling centres across Greater Manchester will be open 7 days a week. People will be able to take most items for recycling. For the full list please visit https://recycleforgreatermanchester.com/
Items that people can’t take to the recycling centre are:
- Textiles, clothes and shoes
- Food waste
We are asking people to follow social distancing measures on site, which are:
- Stay two metres (six feet) away from other visitors and staff at all times.
- Two people from the same household may leave their vehicle only to carry large items.
- Other passengers must remain in the car
- Only visit if you really need to
Vans under 2 metres will also be allowed access from Monday 29th June for residents to bring their household waste. However no trailers are allowed. The visit limits introduced in February this year remain in place:
- Cars can visit up to 52 times a year
- Vans under 3.5 tonnes can visit 18 times a year
- Vans over 3.5 tonnes can visit 12 times a year
Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) and CCTV is in place across all sites to monitor vehicle visits and there is strictly no trade waste accepted.
Any traders wanting to bring their waste should use the weighbridges at the recycling centres as trade waste isn’t accepted through the household waste recycling centres.
A new contactless payment system is being introduced for traders who do not have an account at the recycling centres, and PPE must be worn at all times.